Soak Your Nuts Karyn’s Conscious Comfort Foods
Raw Vegan page 16
- 21⁄2 cups almond pulp or ground almonds
- 11⁄4 cups pecans
- 11⁄4 cups walnuts
- 21⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 2 cups dried cranberries or blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup coconut butter
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Line a muffin pan with paper cupcake cups. Set aside.
- Put the almond pulp, pecans, and walnuts in a blender. Process into small pieces. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Put the oats in the blender. Process into a fine meal. Transfer the oats and all the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the nut mixture. Stir until well combined. Form the dough into 12 balls and place them in the prepared pan. Dehydrate
at 118 degrees F for 12 hours for soft moist muffins or longer for crunchier muffins.
- Almond-Carrot Muffins: Substitute 1 cup peeled, shredded carrots and 1 cup raisins for the dried cranberries or blueberries.