This recipe calls for almond pulp, which is what is left over after making Nut Milk. Nothing is wasted in a raw kitchen.
- 2 1/2 cups almond pulp or ground almonds
- 1 ¼ cups pecans
- 1 ¼ cups walnuts
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 2 cups dried cranberries or blueberries
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Line a muffin pan with paper cupcake cups. Set aside.
- Put the almond pulp, pecans, and walnuts in a blender. Process into small pieces. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Put the oats in the blender. Process into a fine meal. Transfer the oats and all the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the nut mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Form the dough into 12 balls and place them in the prepared pan. Dehydrate at 118 degrees F for 12 hours for soft moist muffins or longer for crunchier muffins.
- Almond-Carrot Muffins: Substitute 1 cup peeled, shredded carrots and 1 cup raisin for the dried cranberries or blueberries.