I was recently asked to provide the media with a healthy recipe for busy children and instantly I thought of the many children participating in after-school sports and activities and snacks that these kids would love. I chose one of my favorite recipes that uses seasonal fruit. This recipe is perfect for kids on the go to give them a nutrient-rich boost of calcium, iron, and protein that truly tastes delicious. This raw vegan recipe is delicious, easy to make, and will please the pickiest palate.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons raw cashew butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into wedges
- Soak the walnuts in water for 10 minutes.
- Drain water then rinse the walnuts.
- In a large bowl or blender, combine the honey, molasses, tahini, walnuts, almond butter, and cashew butter.
- Blend until a smooth consistency is reached. Place apple wedges on a dessert plate.
- Pour the Apple Ambrosia mixture over the apple wedges.
Serve, and enjoy!