This Caesar salad is one that even Caesar Cardini would approve of.
- 1/4 cup shredded, vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 sheet nori
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 baguette, cubed
- 2 cups chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the Caesar dressing, put the vegan mozzarella in a blender. Process until it becomes a smooth paste. Add the nori, garlic, mustard, the optional tamari, and vinegar. Process again until thoroughly mixed, stopping occasionally to scrape down the blender jar. With the blender running, gradually add the oil and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine all the crouton ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss until the bread is well coated. Put the bread cubes in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, combine the romaine and croutons. Serve with the Caesar dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.