Sweet potatoes are an excellent example of healthful food: fat-free, Cholesterol- free, nutrient-rich, and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups soy creamer
- ½ cup cashews
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on high heat. Add the sweet potatoes, celery, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir on high heat for 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Stir in the water and soy creamer. Bring to a boil. Cook for about 35 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender. Add the cashews. Process on high speed for about 3 minutes, or until creamy, stopping occasionally to scrape down the blender jar.