What are Probiotics?
Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that are an essential part of our body’s natural processes of digestion, assimilation, nutrient production, immunity and detoxification. Humans and bacteria have developed a symbiotic relationship and over 500 species of microflora live in the human digestive tract; both health supporting and pathogenic. Extensive research has shown that probiotics and microflora are essential to optimal health. Microflora provides a wide variety of invaluable micro-nutrients, enzymes, vitamins, immune supportive factors and organic acids, which are absorbed from the intestines and utilized by vital organs.
What makes Karyn’s ActiveFlora special?
While many probiotic supplements contain between 1 and 8 strains of bacteria, Karyn’s ActiveFlora contains 14 different strains of bacteria which are naturally occurring and non-competing. Active Flora is formulated to support and repopulate the beneficial bacteria in the small and large intestine and each strain of bacteria brings different benefits to the body. Karyn’s ActiveFlora is guaranteed to have 25 billion viable cells at the time of manufacture and is free of preservatives, dairy, soy and gluten.
If my body already has probiotics, why do I need to supplement?
Many factors can deplete our microflora populations including changes in environment, stress, diet, water, drugs (especially antibiotics), alcohol, caffeine, illness, travel, and consuming artificial sweeteners. When Flora is depleted, the digestive process is compromised, potentially creating allergies and illness. Research shows that the Bifidobacteria strains found in Karyn’s ActiveFlora can be essential supplementation for infants and young children. The formation of a human’s intestinal Microflora begins at birth. Breast-fed infants are also provided with immunity-enhancing substances and bacteria that create bifidobacteria, such as lysosomes. However, a diet of formula and/or cows milk is shown to decrease the number of bifidobacteria while increasing the body’s pH and the potential for proliferation of pathogenic bacteria. Parents who supplement both the children’s diet and their own with a high potency multi-strain probiotic can greatly enhance the quality of their digestive, eliminative and immune health.
- The manufacture and assimilation of vital nutrients
- Enzyme production
- Optimal balance of Microflora
- Healthy cholesterol management
- Skin radiance and health
- A healthy alkaline body
- Digestive health and regularity
Studies have shown Probiotic ActiveFlora can break down cholesterol, which is linked to heart disease and colon cancer, into several products that can be utilized or excreted as needed.
How do I take ActiveFlora?
Probiotic supplements like ActiveFlora is most effective when taken daily. Some research indicates that taking a break longer than one week will result in the body going back to “pre-supplemental conditions”. For enhanced effects, take ActiveFlora in conjunction with Karyn’s Chlorella to increase the proliferation of beneficial bacteria by up to 4 times.
The suggested dosage is one capsule daily with water on an empty stomach; you can slowly build up to a maximum of 3 capsules twice a day as needed or recommended by a healthcare practitioner. ActiveFlora should be kept refrigerated and used within 1-2 months for optimum effectiveness.
About the Formulation:
Lactobacillus rhamnosus (also known as Lactobacillus lactis or lactobacillus acidophilus)
- Higher resistance to bile salts and antibiotics over many other strains
- Manufactures enzymes that assist bacteria populations by breaking down potentially carcinogenic or mutagenic by-products of digestion (especially of meat and fat)
- Aids in the nutritional support for lactose intolerance, constipation, inflammatory bowl disorders, vaginitis, urinary tract infections and many food allergies
- Assists in the digestion of lactose
- Improves protein and mineral absorption
- Synthesizes B1, B2, B6 and K
- Enhances immune system by assisting in antibody formulation
- Aids liver detoxification of some by-products of protein metabolism
- Useful in nutritional treatment of allergies
- Assists in alleviating diarrhea and/or constipation
Lactobacillus acidophilus & Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-I
- Produces lactic acid which assists in proper pH balance
- Assists in nutrient uptake, especially calcium
- Helps regulate blood cholesterol levels
- Assists in protection from radiation
- Studies indicate importance as part of program for colon cancer and tumor prevention
- Supports treatment of vaginal and intestinal infections
- Assists utilization of Omega 3 essential fatty acids
- Assists in cholesterol regulation
- Effective against other pathogenic organisms such as Salmonella
- Research shows effectiveness in some bacteria relating to diarrhea
- Research indicates this beneficial bacteria to be effective in combating the Listeria bacteria
- Studies indicate usefulness as part of the treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Produces natural antibiotic substances
- Used to treat after effects of long-term antibiotic use
- Research indicates it’s effectiveness in cholesterol management and reduction of LDL’s
- Helps relieve bloating, constipation, food sensitivities, gas and diarrhea
60 Capsules $42.95
Karyn’s Kare is a line of all-natural products created by Karyn Calabrese, a raw foodist and holistic health educator based out of Chicago, IL. Karyn is the owner of Karyn’s Fresh Corner- the longest standing raw foods restaurant in the country, Karyn’s Inner Beauty Center- a holistic day spa, Karyn’s Cooked- a gourmet vegan restaurant, and Karyn’s on Green- an upscale vegan restaurant and bar. She has coached thousands of people to better health and is known for her youthfulness, energy and vitality as well as her signature line, “If you don’t take care of your body, the most magnificent machine you’ll ever be given, where will you live?”