Here is a recipe for guilt-free mashed potatoes guaranteed to please your entire family. This raw vegan recipe is easy to make at home and will satisfy the hungriest Thanksgiving crowd. There are many benefits to using cauliflower instead of potatoes for Karyn’s Mashed Potatoes. Cauliflower provides powerful antioxidants, a host of B vitamins, anti-inflammatory and digestive properties, is good for your heart, and is a perfect food to include in your diet if you are looking to reduce your caloric intake. The flax oil not only gives your ‘potatoes’ a buttery taste but also a boost of the essential Omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids.
Karyn’s Mashed Potatoes
From Karyn’s Fresh Corner
- 4 cups cauliflower-chopped
- 2 cups cashews (soaked 2-4 hours in purified water)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flax oil
- black pepper- garnish
- Drain and rinse soaked cashews.
- Put all ingredients into the food processor except for the pepper.
- Blend until it is mixed well.
- Mashed ‘potatoes’ should have a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Scoop onto plate with an ice-cream scooper.
Garnish with black pepper, serve, and enjoy!