This is the perfect pizza for the secret vegan in every meat lover. Any leftover vegetables also make great toppings, as would seitan sausage, crumbled veggie burgers, and other meat substitutes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced shiitake and oyster mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 (12-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup Tomato Sauce or prepared marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small skillet on high heat. Add the mushrooms
and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Put 1 tortilla on a small baking sheet.
- Brush the tortilla with some of the olive oil.
- Place the other tortilla on top. Spread the marinara sauce on the top tortilla.
- Top with the mushroom mixture and basil. Sprinkle with the vegan
mozzarella. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.