Currently we are in a whirlwind of talk about viruses, public safety surrounding inoculations and how to protect our health. Oil of Oregano stands as one of nature’s most powerful antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial remedies.
Native to Europe and derived from the dried leaves and flowers of the oregano herb, Oil of Oregano was used by the ancient Greeks and Romans for a variety of medicinal uses.
Oregano Oil Uses
- Defeats MRSA (Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus): In2008 a group of researchers discovered Oregano Oil to be more effective at Killing MRSA than 18 pharmaceutical antibiotics. Additionally adding oil or oregano to foods kills pathogens such as salmonella, E.Coli, Shingella dysenteria and listeria.
- Fights Candida: studies have shown Oregano Oil to be effective against Candida albicans. Candida has been found to play a major role in skin and nail fungal infections, vaginal infections, eczema, psoriasis, rashes and autoimmune disorders such as Hashimoto’s thyroidisits, rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus.
- Natural Insect Repellent: Mix a few drops of the oil into a carrier oil like jojoba or coconut oil and you have a natural insect repellent. No harsh chemicals with dangerous side effects to endanger the long term health of you or your loved ones.
- Parasitic Infections: Oregano Oil was found to be more effective than prescription antibiotics such as Tinidazol in treating parasitic infections.
- Upper Respiratory Infections: Cavacrol, one of the active agents in Oregano oil, has strong anti-viral properties which show it to be an effective remedy for upper respiratory infections (colds, flu) with some reports of immediate relief upon consumption.
Karyn takes a dropper full a day as an effective remedy.