Soak Your Nuts Karyn’s Conscious Comfort Foods
Raw Vegan- page 55
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon plus 11⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons nama shoyu
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 cup chopped green olives
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- To make the Raw Marinara Sauce, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in the water for 2 hours.
- Put the soaked tomatoes and the soaking water in a blender with the honey, nama shoyu, garlic powder, and onion powder. Process until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down the blender jar. Transfer to a serving bowl. Mix in the Roma tomatoes, olives, and basil.