Recipes from Karyn’s Book: “Soak Your Nuts – Conscious Comfort Foods”
Sweet Salad Dressing (page 27)
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup plus 1 table spoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Process until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender jar. (Note: the mustard seeds will remain intact)
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Shake well before serving.
Sweet Spinach Salad (page26)
- 4 Cups baby spinach
- 1 red apple, diced,
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- Sweet Salad dressing (see above)
- Combine the spinach, apple, onion, walnuts, and bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Add sweet spinach dressing and toss well.