Breakfast is sometimes one of the hardest meals to keep vegan, yet interesting.
Tofu Scramble will satisfy the hungriest. Serve it with corn or flour tortillas. For a buffet-style breakfast, include re-fried beans, salsa, and guacamole.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch ground turmeric
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, tomato, and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer the onion mixture to a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the same skillet. Add the tofu.
- Mash it with a potato masher or a fork until it resembles scrambled eggs. Add the salt, vinegar, cumin, and turmeric. Return the onion mixture to the skillet and mix well. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.