Soak Your Nuts Karyn’s Conscious Comfort Foods
Raw Vegan page 52
- 1 cup barley
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
- 21⁄2 cups thinly sliced portobello mushroom caps
- 2 yellow bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup tamari
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Soak the barley and rice in the water in a large glass bowl for 24 hours. Drain and rinse. Transfer to a large bowl with all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Raw Stuffed Peppers: Slice off the tops of bell peppers and scoop out the seeds.
- Fill each pepper with the Wild Rice and Barley Pilaf and serve.